AFI Conservatory Directing Workshop for Women Application
Application Deadline: 11:59 p.m. on December 6, 2015
Before you begin the DWW application, please make sure you have the following documents prepared on your computer (in PDF format) and ready for upload:
Screenplay (short applicants: 15 pages or less; episodic applicants: web pilot or web mini-series totaling no more than 20 pages)
Résumé (no more than 2 pages)
Bio (no more than 1 page)
Letters of recommendation (up to three are accepted, one is required. Please collect your signed letters and submit them with the application.)
Link to your work sample(s) (YouTube, Vimeo, personal website, etc.)
This statement should be a thoughtful and mature demonstration of your personal thinking. It should be no more than three pages and include the following elements:
- Autobiographical sketch giving a sense of your background, where you draw inspiration/motivation from, etc.
- Why do you want to do the AFI Conservatory Directing Workshop for Women?
- Why do you want to tell this story?
- What is your vision for the film/series?
- What do you see as your biggest production challenges and how will you overcome them?
- Tell us about your fundraising plan for your project.
- Tell us about your career goals and your plan for achieving them. How will you approach developing a directing career?
Click here to begin the application