Directing Workshop for Women Application
IMPORTANT DATES – 2014
Application Deadline: January 6, 2014
Interviews: Mid-February, 2014
Participants Notified: Mid-March, 2014
Workshop: May 1–May 23, 2014
Before you begin the DWW application, please make sure you have the following documents prepared on your computer (preferably in PDF format) and ready for upload:
- Script (15 pages or less)
- Letters of recommendation (up to 3)
- Link to your directing reel (youtube, Vimeo, personal website, etc)
- Narrative Statement
This statement should be a thoughtful and mature demonstration of your personal thinking. It should be no more than two and a half pages and include the following elements:
- Why do you want to tell this story and what is your vision for the film?
- What challenges do you foresee working in a very structured (almost studio-like) environment?
- What do you see as your biggest production challenges and how will you overcome them?
- How will you manage the time commitment and financial commitment of the Workshop?
- What is your career plan as a director?
Click here to begin the application